For May we read Cain’s Reckoning by Sarah McCarty. This was quite an interesting discussion group. Our one member didn't show, this book would have been very much NOT to her liking. Overall I think we liked the book, there was complaint that she was a rape victim and how the sex scenes just didn't fit with that part of her. There was also a lot of discussion on who would or wouldn't be reading more of the series to find out about Desi's sister and the other men of Hell's Eight. I might, but it would be down on my list of series to read.
I checked out eight books this month (as well as a bunch of DVDs and a magazine or two). I passed my goal for the year of checking out 30 books. I don’t know why I set my goal so low, so let’s move on and see how many I do check out this year. I finished reading two of the books I checked out last month and I’m still working on finishing Final Jeopardy. I’ll be reading Death of a DJ and Moby-Duck in June.
- The Other Side - Possession in Death by J.D. Robb
- The Heroine's Bookshelf by Erin Blakemore
- Midnight in Death by J.D. Robb
- The collected stories of Winnie-the-Pooh [sound recording] by A.A. Milne
- The half life [sound recording] : a short story by Jennifer Weiner
- "21" : the story of Roberto Clemente : a graphic novel by Wilfred Santiago
- Death of a DJ by Jane Rubino
- Moby-Duck: The true story of 28,800 bath toys lost at sea and of the beachcombers, oceanographers, environmentalists, and fools, including the author, who went in search of them by Donovan Hohn
I finished four more books during this month. I finished up both SEAL series I was reading. I don’t know what I’ll be picking up next. I want to add an honorable mention to Stumbling Along the Beat: A Policewoman's Uncensored Story from the World of Law Enforcement by Stacy Dittrich
- SEALed Forever by Mary Margret Daughtridge
- Get Lucky by Suzanne Brockmann
- Taylor's Temptation by Suzanne Brockmann
- Night Watch by Suzanne Brockmann