Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Readers' Workouts - New Year's Resolutions


One of my New Year's Resolutions was to increase the number of days I went to the gym. I had been only going one day a week with a friend and I wanted to increase to three times a week.

This past week I FINALLY fulfilled that requirement!

Tuesday:  My friend wasn't in the mood to go and normally we have the bad habit of talking each other out of going to the gym but not this week.  I told her we should go to the gym and work out our frustrations.  So she upped her hill program and admitted to feeling better.

Thursday: Thursdays are my weird shift at work. I work 1-9 so I have the mornings free and normally I tend to make them lazy mornings if I don't have a doctor's appointment or something else pressing I need to do. But I know they make a good time to go to the gym so off I went.

Weekend: The third step to my plan was to get to the gym either Saturday or Sunday. I had a bad day Saturday and barely had the gumption to get up off the couch. I also misjudged my glass of red wine (use a bigger glass than normal) and woke up with a red wine headache on Sunday. I knew working it off would help so off to the gym I went.

I'm really proud of myself and have every intention of doing it again this week.

I also was able to catch up on a lot of my podcast listening so that's another motivator.

3 comments:

  1. That's great! I'm using podcasts to motivate exercise, too. Also, to accompany washing greens which seem to take forever but the chore is more fun if I've got a podcast. I'm hooked on a British radio soap opera and I definitely have to check in with that -- last week's drama was a flash flood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty much caught up with my podcasts and then I want to listen to Serial, I had wanted to started when they were originally airing but was so behind in everything else I just couldn't take on a new one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea! I didn't really hear about it until it was done, but it would be a good one to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete