Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Readers' Workouts - FitBit Healthy Habits



I'm going to try Fitbit's Healthy Habits.  Week one deals with stress, and I have a lot of stress.  Most of it from my own making, but when you have mild anxiety and social issues it's easy to generate stress for yourself.

Day 1 - Mediate for 10 minutes.  I did this before bed, doing a simple breathing exercise of just focusing on my breaths.  I used to count (in 1, out 2, in 3, ect) but after reading 10% Happier by Dan Harris, I find that it's easier to just focus on in/out with each breath.

Today's habit is to walk for 15 minutes outside but it's raining. So I'm going to go for three 5 minute walks around the library today.  This helps because on a rainy day a good number of our patrons don't venture out since we're a big walking community. This plan will get me up and moving instead of sitting all day.

Day 3 - Drink a decaf cup of tea...I don't know if I have any in the house, I'll have to check.
Day 4 - Listen to music that makes you happy - Since this will be Thursday I'll probably be listening to the Throwback Thursday playlist on Spotify.
Day 5 - Do an "Equal Breathing" Exercise - Had to look it up, but back to a meditation technique.
Day 6 - Write about your day in a journal - I have one of those 5 year journals that you write one or two sentences is, I'm really bad about it, but maybe I'll remember today.
Day 7 - Take time to socialize - I'll make sure to do that!

My quick review of 10% Happier

6 comments:

  1. I like the list of healthy habits. I didn't know there was so much to Fitbit.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I worked in a library, I walked the stacks on rainy days -- good plan!

    Sounds like a good list of activities. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Have a good week reaching your mid month goals

    ReplyDelete
  4. They have a great support system with blog posts, community and helpful information like this healthy habits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish you luck on Fitbit's Healthy Habits! It sounds like something I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! The decaf tea has bit a bit of a struggle today but I'm getting by! *caffeine addict*

    ReplyDelete