Skip to main content

Wrap Up: Mount TBR Reading Challenge

This challenge is being hosted at My Reader's Block.  

I have a slight problem with books (as my following list shows). I can't help it when I see a free book, or a deal to get a book at a really low price.  Being a librarian I also can't help grabbing books from the book donation piles. 

My goal was for Mt. Vancouver which was to read 36 books from my TBR Piles

I managed to read 26 books from my pile.  Four books are also off my pile but those I started and didn't like. 16 books were taken out of my pile because they were parts of series, and after a few book on the lists I realized I really don't have time to start a new series.

So I'm calling this challenge "met" in that I cleared 46 books out of my basket/off my reading devices. 

Here is my pile of books and here's my Goodreads Shelf for the challenge. 

In my book basket:
  • People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks
  • Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
  • The Dead Beat by Mailyn Johnson
  • American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
  • Dear Mr. Knightly by Katherine Reay
  • Natural Born Angel by Scott Speer
  • The Wizard, the Witch & Two Girls From Jersey by Lisa Papademetriou
  • Knit One Pearl One by Gil McNeil
  • Casting About by Terri Dulong
  • Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange
  • Cassandra & Jane by Jill Pitkeathley
  • Home by Julie Andrews
  • My Name is Will by Jess Winfield
  • The Accidental Bride by Denise  Hunter
  • Midnight's Lover by Donna Grant
  • Matchless by Gregory Maguire
  • The List Lover's Guide to Jane Austen by Joan Strasbaugh
  • I Am Not Esther by Fleur Beale
  • Samurai Game by Christine Feenhan
  • Time Untime by Sherrilyn Kenyon
  • The Seductive Imposter by Janet Chapman
  • The Dangerous Protector by Janet Chapman
  • Hummingbird Lake by Emily March
  • Blood Trinity by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love
  • A Hunger so Wild by Sylvia Day
  • Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost
Book from my Kindle App
  • Truth about Mr. Darcy by Susan Adriani
  • No Place for a Lady by Jade Lee
  • The Physician's Irish Lady by Susan Macatee
  • To Tuscany with Love by Gail Mencini
  • Uptight & Off Center by Sharon Heller
  • Elanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
  • Knowing the Score by Kat Latham
  • Sleeves by Chanse Lowell
  • Shadows by Jennifer L Armentrout
  • Against the Tide by Elizabeth Camden
  • More Than One Night by Marie Tuhart
  • Winning a Bride by Jade Lee
  • Maximilian Standforth and the Case of the Dangerous Dare by Scott Southard
Books from my Nook:
  • Never a Bride by Amelia Grey
  • Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson
  • Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
  • The Vigilante's Bride by Yvonne Harris
  • Texas Hold Him by Lisa Cooke
  • Liberation of Alice by Abby McDonald
  • Beauty and the Blacksmith by Tessa Dare
  • Pillow Talk by Freya North
  • Cowboy Dad by Cathy McDavid
  • Married by Mistake by Abby Gains
  • Just one of the Guys by Kristan Higgins
  • The Clayborne Brides by Julie Garwood
  • Boomerang Bride by Fiona Lowe
  • Blessed Isle by Alex Beecroft
  • By Honor Betrayed by Alex Beecroft
  • Captain's Surender by Alex Beecroft
  • Angel's Ink by Jocelynn Drake
  • Courted by a Cowboy by Lacy Williams
  • Fire at Midnight by Lisa Marie Wilkinson
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah MacLean
  • Lady Jenny's Christmas Portrait by Grace Burrowes
  • A Certain Want of Reason by Kate Dolan
  • Say You Love Me by Patricia Hagan
  • Lovers Never Lie by Gael Morrison
  • Beauty and the Wolf by Marina Myles
  • A Darcy Christmas by Various
  • Highland Bride's Choice by Amanda Forester
  • Her Favorite Temptation by Sarah Mayberry
  • Ever After High: Raven Queen's Story by Shannon Hale
  • Ever After High: Apple White's Story by Shannon Hale
Books crossed out I tried to read but didn't finish.
Black - Books in series I haven't started and don't have time to start (except Wolf Hall because I'm determined to read that book!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blind Date with a Book

Last year I put together a book display called Blind Date with a Book.  I found the idea through another librarian's post and thought it was great.  Last year I wrapped 19 books and 15 books were checked out.  We asked that people reviewed the book but unfortunately only two people returned reviews. Last year's books included: In the Hot Zone by Kevin Sites Night by Elie Wiesel Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon by Daivd Michaels Macbeth by Shakespear A Million Little Pieces by James Frey Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel An Inconvenient Truth by Al Gore Under the Dome by Stephen King Lawless by Nora Roberts The Sinatra Files by Tom Kuntz The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Dante Club by Matthew Pearl Ford County by John Grisham The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery The Postmistress by Sarah Blake A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar Hide & Seek by James Patterson A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolf Gorgeous East by Robert Girardi Most of these books were ones tha

Peek Inside a Book - Becoming

Book Beginnings on Friday from  Rose City Reader   The Friday 56 with  Freda's Voice . This week I'm reading: Becoming   by Michelle Obama It Begins:   Preface March 2017 When I was a kid, my aspirations were simple.  On Page 56: This was the doubt that sat in my mind through student orientation, through my first sessions of high school biology and English, through my somewhat fumbling get-to-know-you conversations in the cafeteria with new friends. Not enough. Not enough.  It was doubt about where I came from and what I'd believed about myself until now. It was like a malignant cell that threatened to divide and divide again, unless I could find some way to stop it.  Verdict: I'm really enjoying this look into Michelle Obama's life. It's comforting in a way to see that she has struggled with self image, self doubt and a need to be in control in an order to comfort herself.  She talks about meeting new people while cam

Friend Recommendations - Interpreters of Maladies

Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri Summary:  Navigating between the Indian traditions they've inherited and the baffling new world, the characters in Jhumpa Lahiri's elegant, touching stories seek love beyond the barriers of culture and generations. In "A Temporary Matter," published in The New Yorker, a young Indian-American couple faces the heartbreak of a stillborn birth while their Boston neighborhood copes with a nightly blackout. In the title story, an interpreter guides an American family through the India of their ancestors and hears an astonishing confession. Lahiri writes with deft cultural insight reminiscent of Anita Desai and a nuanced depth that recalls Mavis Gallant. Little Thoughts : This book is the January recommendation from Amanda. I couldn't agree more with the summary that this collection of short stories is elegant and touching; they were beautiful yet very heartbreaking stories.  Before I started this book, someone mentioned th