Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Reader's Workouts - Unbalanced Scales

Reader's Workouts is a weekly event which is hosted over at Joy's Book Blog.

I'm a Fitbit wearer, I like that it helps me keep active and moving during the week.  If you also wear one feel free to friend me!

---


I've been feeling a bit unbalanced the late few weeks.  I'm looking at this scale as sort of the balance between meeting my step goal, and tracking my food. I start off each week feeling as if I have the scale balanced but by the end of the week the scale always seems to tip one way or the other.

Last week I set some Mini-Goals for myself :
  1. Track everything even if I go over on calorie count
  2. Hit at least 4,000 steps a day, even if I have to pace around the house at night to reach that count
Well I started off good on tracking my calorie count and then we hit Friday night.  We went out for pizza and I really had planned to just eat 2 slices of thin crush tomato pie. I couldn't stop at just two!  So then the weekend hit and I played that mind game where since you screwed up one day you just give up.  I hate that game, I always lose!

I did, however, hit 4,000 steps a day.  There was really only one day that I didn't hit my goal of 5,000 steps.  I did A LOT of walking this week apparently.  

Mini-Goals for this week:
  1. Track everything even if I go over on calorie count
  2. Hit at least 5,000 steps a day
Good luck this week everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Changes take time! I like the observation that you always lose that game -- heh. I've had to make pizza very rare in my life and always accompanied by salad. I can stick to 2 pieces (sometimes, 1) if I have a nice big salad with it.


    Good luck with your goals this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job hitting the steps. Every day is a new day and an opportunity to start over - thats what I tell myself when I haven't eaten as well as I'd like :-)


    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so true. I just got to stay focused and positive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can limit myself to 2, I've done it in the past, but it was just too good to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm terrible at tracking anything. I know how you feel about that game. I always lost too! I deciced to give myself one day a week to eat whatever I want so that I don't do it anymore.

    ReplyDelete